**Using the Vocabulary Feature for Corpus Maintaining**
Recently, I have listed some common Turkish spelling errors as search links. There are hundreds of incorrect sentences. We have fixed some of them, and are still fixing.
I was planning to check those links from time to time (once in several months), but then I realized that we could use the vocabulary feature to continuously check and monitor all of them at once, like an alarm system. I created an auxiliary account for this purpose and added those searches as vocabulary items.
It might be considered as bending the tools, but since this feature isn't used by many people, I wanted to give it a try. Also, people adding new sentences with wanted vocabulary items are usually native speakers, so they can easily notice that those items are spelling errors and ignore them. I think the risk-benefit ratio is favorable for now. If a feature showing who added which vocabulary item were implemented, this would be even less of a problem.
It's a creative way to do corpus maintenance :)
While it is not the intended use for the vocabulary feature and does mess up a bit the "sentences wanted" list, your use case is still a valid one, I think. It only means that we need a way to distinguish between vocabulary that was added to request an example sentence and vocabulary that was added just as part of a list of vocabulary.
That's an idea that I already mentioned in another thread: