** What's New on Tatoeba? - Your biweekly recap #22 **
(What's New on Tatoeba will be published biweekly until the end of August.)
※ We are in the last week of Kodoeba and we have five new issues solved on internal code since last time.
• It is now possible to remove a sentence from a list from the sentence page. Thanks to Ricardo14 for reporting the issue and nummer_001 for implementing it.
• There is a new visibility option for lists, in case you want your list to be shown on the sentence page to every user (and not just to yourself). Thanks to soliloquist for raising the issue and nummer_001 for working on it.
• Unicode characters are now showing up properly in list names. Thanks to soliloquist for reporting the issue and ftumsh for fixing it.
• You can now save create URL for templates from the advanced search. Thanks to Ricardo14 for triggering the idea and jpear1 for implementing it.
• The sort options have been redesigned. Thanks to Trang for the design suggestion, AlanF_US for the help with the wording and Roverandom789133 for the implementation.
※ There are three additional external projects which you can have a peek at:
• quielin's TatoebaViewer mobile app (it's still a prototype): https://github.com/Tatoeba/TatoebaViewer
• xiuyuan's website to search Chinese sentences (work still in progress): https://www.chineseboost.com/ch...mple-sentences
• diegohn's flashcard webapp (not deployed anywhere, but there's a video explaining how to install it locally): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad0tP00z_VQ
※ Mobile users can now change the position of the cursor in text inputs. Thanks to rumpelstilzchen for reporting this bug and Trang for fixing it.
※ When searching sentences sorted randomly, the results are no longer re-randomized when going back to a previous page. Thanks to AlanF_US for reporting the issue and gillux for fixing it.
ON THE WALL
※ driini announced that the Quick Start Guide has been fully translated into German: https://tatoeba.org/eng/wall/show_message/35705
※ CK announced that we have a new Japanese voice: https://tatoeba.org/eng/wall/show_message/35698
※ OptiMaximus asked what "Tatoeba" means: https://tatoeba.org/eng/wall/show_message/35679
※ pergpau brought up the topic of quality in the corpus and subsequently became an advanced contributor to help improve the quality of Norwegian Bokmål sentences: https://tatoeba.org/eng/wall/show_message/35667
※ Tatoeba is supporting one new language: Karakhanid.
※ Slovak has been enabled on production as a UI language.
As usual, thanks to all the members who helped to translate the website!
If you'd like to help to the development of Tatoeba, report issues, or are just curious, have a look at the GitHub repository.
If you want to help us translate the website to your language, you can join us on Transifex: https://www.transifex.com/tatoe...ite/dashboard/ and check this article on the wiki https://en.wiki.tatoeba.org/art...e-translation.
If you're especially happy with one of the updates, don't hesitate to personally thank our developers :) They're working in the shadow but they'll be glad to hear your feedback.
Last recap: https://tatoeba.org/eng/wall/show_message/35658
See this recap on the blog: https://blog.tatoeba.org/2020/0...-biweekly.html
> • The sort options have been redesigned. Thanks to Trang for the design suggestion, AlanF_US for the help with the wording and Roverandom789133 for the implementation.
Is it the sort options or the list options that have been redesigned? I thought I offered help with the wording for the list options.
You've helped with the wording for both. :-)
The wording for the sort options was discussed back in February: https://github.com/Tatoeba/tato...ment-583938660
Oh, I see. So this involves sort options in numerous places throughout the interface, changing the display of options where they already existed, and adding options where we didn't have any before (for instance, lists and member names). This is nice to see.
To be honest you are helping with many wordings but I guess that case was more noteworthy to me because you found a good solution to avoid some awkward wording for the member status :)