I had reported this bug before but I thought it had already been fixed. I guess not.
English --> Turkish
Search text: Mongolian
Results contained Arabic translations as well.
[not needed anymore- removed by CK]
It is for me. I am using Chrome on an iPhone.
But you have added Arabic in your settings no? If I do this search, I also see Turkish plus all the translations that I understand and that are in my settings.
No, I don't have Arabic in my profile.
It's not in your profile but in your settings.
I added ''ara,tur,eng'' to test it and got the same result with you. So, you just need to delete the ISO 639-3 code for Arabic (ara).
OK, you're right. In my Settings, I have:
But I still think it is a bug that needs fixing because in my search, I am specifically requesting English-->Turkish. Actually now I am not even sure what those Settings are for when the Search asks for "From" and "To" languages.
If you do not have any languages in the "Languages" list in your setting, then:
- if you set the "To" language to a specific language, you will see results in that language
- if you set the "To" language to "Any language", you will see all results
If you have languages in the "Languages" list in your setting, then:
- if you set the "To" language to a specific language, you will see results in that language plus the languages in your list.
- if you set the "To" language to "Any language", you will only see results in the languages in your list
If you keep your "Languages" non-empty and want to do a search that only finds results in a target language, perform an advanced search and specify that language under "Show translations in:".
I put this information into the wiki as well: